Types of Jewellery for Women: The Beautiful, Brilliant Pieces You Need
What’s the one thing every woman loves? Jewellery, of course! Whether you have a special occasion coming up or want to add some sparkle to your everyday style, there’s nothing quite like jewellery to bring out the best in any outfit. You can choose from various pieces, including rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets, brooches, hair clips and pins! And while some women may think they only need essential pieces to complete their outfits, many types of jewellery provide you with more options than you might think. Here is a brief overview of the various kinds of jewellery for women available today.
If you’re looking for a piece of jewellery that will take your outfit from ordinary to extraordinary, you can’t go wrong with a necklace! Some examples of necklace types include the following:
- Choker: A choker is a tight-fitting necklace worn around a person’s neck. Chokers can be made of various materials, including velvet, plastic, beads, latex, leather, gold, silver, and others.
- Kundan Necklace: Kundan necklace is a classic style of Indian gemstone jewellery that involves a gem set with a gold foil between the stones and its mount, usually for ornate necklaces and other jewellery
- Chain Necklace: The chain necklace is made of any metal like gold or silver. The major component of a metallic necklace is the chain, which refers to the ropelike section that wraps around the neck. It usually features a lock or a clasp that allows the necklace to be easily removed and attached.
- Statement Necklace: The Statement Necklace is a bold, dramatic necklace that will draw attention wherever you go. This type of necklace is made of many different materials, including gold, silver, and platinum.
Earring styles are endless, so you’re bound to find a pair that matches your style. Some examples of earring types include the following:
- Hoop: Hoop earrings an earring that is circular or semi-circular in shape, generally in the form of a metal hoop that can be opened to pass through an ear piercing.
- Drop Earrings that “drop” just below the earlobe are called drop earrings. Drop earrings are simple pieces with attachments such as jewels, beads, or charms hanging from the earring’s base.
- Stud: A stud is a simple earring with a small single point linked to a post that goes through the earlobe to a backing. This earring type is made of many materials, including gold, silver, and titanium.
Bracelets are great for those who like a bit more bling on their wrists! Some examples of bracelet types include the following:
- Bangle: Bangles are typically solid bracelets made of metal, wood, glass, or plastic. Women wear these ornaments in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, the Arabian Peninsula, and Africa.
- Cuff: A cuff is a type of jewellery that wraps around the wrist or arm and has no clasp or closing. This bracelet is made of many materials, including gold, silver, and titanium.
- Cable: The Cable Bracelet is a trendy bracelet that is a great choice for everyday wear. This bracelet is made of many materials, including steel, silver, and gold.
When it comes to rings, there is a wide range of materials to choose from, including gold, silver, platinum, titanium, and even wood! You can also select a particular style, such as classic, vintage, minimalist, or contemporary. Some examples of ring types include the following:
- Classic: The Classic Ring is simple and elegant perfect for any occasion! This type of ring is often made of gold or silver and is a timeless piece that can be worn daily.
- Gemstone: The Gemstone Ring is an excellent choice for those who like to add colour to their outfits. This ring can be made from almost any material, including gold, silver, and titanium.
- Minimalist: The Minimalist Ring is a stylish, modern ring that can be worn daily. This type of ring is minimalist and sleek, making it an excellent choice for those who like to keep things simple.
- Contemporary: The Contemporary Ring is a unique ring made of various materials, including wood, silver, gold, and titanium. This ring is the perfect choice for those who like to stand out.
Brooches are a style of jewellery often overlooked, but they can be a great way to spice up your outfit! Some examples of brooch types include the following:
- Brooches: A Brooch is a decorative pin commonly worn on the lapel of a jacket or coat. This brooch is made of many materials, including gold, silver, and wood.
- Butterfly: The Butterfly Brooch is a popular piece that will draw attention wherever you go. This type of brooch is commonly made out of silver and jewels.
- Corsage: The Corsage Brooch is a decorative pin that looks like a blossoming flower. This type of brooch is commonly made out of silver and jewels.
Hair accessories can be used to decorate and style your hair. Some examples of hair accessories types are:
- Comb: A Comb is a handheld tool used to style your hair. Different types of combs are available, including a hair comb, hair brush, and hair pick.
- Pin: A Hair Pin is a decorative hair clip that can hold your hair in place. There are many hairpins, including barrettes, hair clips, and headbands.
- Scrunchie: A scrunchie is an elastic hair tie covered in fabric used to hold long or medium hair. Scrunchies come in many different colours, fabrics, and styles, including large, intricate designs and tiny, unpretentious ones.