REQUEST AN OBLIGATION INITIAL CONSULTATION
Our mission is to enable career focused professionals to achieve exceptional career outcomes, locally, nationally and globally. We aim to be the best at helping individuals achieve career success. At each step of the relationship with our clients, we add value.
- Passion:We love and believe in what we do, this is not a job for us – it’s a choice. We deliver our services with drive, commitment and energy.
- Integrity:Integrity is the starting point for every decision we make and our Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct is the standard by which we measure ourselves. We embrace and uphold the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, honesty and trust.
- Innovation:We aim to lead the pack in career management solutions, not follow it. We demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to adapt and respond to individual needs and circumstances.
- Individuality:We recognise that everyone’s professional journey is different and we treat everyone with respect, civility and fairness.
- Excellence:We always look to provide the best quality experience. We are responsible to fulfil our commitments to clients with a clear understanding of the urgency and accountability inherent in those commitments.
Whether you are an experienced senior executive or in the early stages of your career, C-F-S Career Management can assist you in identifying and overcoming potential obstacles in your career search for the position you are seeking. Through close mentoring and coaching we can assist you in developing the most effective strategies to achieve a successful outcome in today’s competitive job market. Our customised approaches and close personal attention will help you achieve the results you deserve.
High calibre Senior Career Consultants
- Our career consultants are executives and professionals with an impressive array of practical experience in diverse corporations, both nationally and internationally, which they use to assist you;
- All our consultants are members of The Association of Career Professionals International (Australian Chapter) Inc., which supports the high standards set by the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA). Association of Career Practioners instructs and trains our consultants to ensure the highest ethical standards are adhered to.
Unlimited support from your senior career consultant until your agreed career goal is achieved
- A dedicated, experienced and trained career consultant will work in partnership with you until a satisfactory career outcome is achieved.
Customised program to suit any profession and budget
- We offer an extensive range of programs to accommodate to all requirements, professions, industries and budget;
- We employ an impressive array of unique career management tools to equip you with the skills to continue to manage your career long after the working relationship with us has ceased.
Networking opportunities and hidden job market strategies
- We strongly advocate a proactive career management approach supported by actively targeting the hidden job market. A recent survey found that of all persons who had successfully commenced work within the last 12 months, a staggering majority attained their job via the hidden job market;
- We offer research and profiling of your target market through access to in-depth business information and analysis. In Australia, we offer access to a database of private and public organisations. We also have access to similar information internationally.
1:1 personalised sessions individual face to face coaching
- A confidential 1:1 working relationship;
- We specialise in addressing the key challenges affecting an individual’s career prospects, devising strategies, enhancing and effectively promoting talents and abilities to be explored.
We are the only career management company to offer a flexible approach
- We offer you the choice of what areas you want to focus on;
- We offer the choice of face to face coaching or for the busy executives and professionals we offer Skype and phone sessions options.
What does C-F-S Career Management do?
We are the opposite of recruitment. We work for the individual, not companies. We only work privately and a one on one basis. The most simple explanation of our service is that we assist people in getting from one job to the next through close mentoring and coaching. Many individuals who approach us are looking for clear career direction, assistance with networking and support for a host of personal and professional development needs.
Do you guarantee me a job?
We guarantee to work with our clients, in partnership, until they have achieved a successful transition. We offer to maintain our post-transition relationships at various levels from 6-48 months. If after an initial meeting or phone discussion (for those who are remote to our offices) we are confident that we can assist you, we guarantee to provide ongoing support until your objectives have been achieved.
Do you only work with executives?
No, we work with career focused individuals at all stages. Our expertise is delivered from an executive level vantage point. We assist anyone who is serious about furthering their career, either within their own organisation or through job hunting for an external move.
Do you provide a resume writing service?
If your career direction is clear we can develop a professional resume that gets results. From our vantage point this is one of the most important aspects of the work we provide to clients. However, most clients come to us looking for more, particularly ongoing mentoring and coaching support during their job search/career transition.
Do you provide me with specific assistance such as Interview skills coaching?
Yes, in fact we prepare our clients for specific job interviews. We put much emphasis on how to manage the interview process and on how to sell yourself more effectively. We also help clients develop impact statements to set them ahead of the competition.
Do you specialise in any particular industries?
We have experience dealing with people in most career professions. Our approach benefits individuals from virtually any industry or sector, from publicly listed companies to Government, Not for Profit and small to medium enterprise (SMEs). We work across all industry sectors, including but not limited to Banking, Telecommunications, Accounting and Financial Services, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering and Services, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Business Services, Supply Chain and Logistics, Consulting, Government, Australian Defence Forces and Tertiary Education.
Do you specialise in any particular type of Government roles?
We have experience dealing with people from most Government departments and sectors. We have expertise in selection criteria preparation. Our approach benefits individuals from virtually any industry or sector.
Can you help me get a job overseas?
Yes. We work with clients all over the world, the process is electronic and our networks exist in many countries. We have assisted clients in securing work in the USA, the UK, the Middle East, China, Malaysia, and many other countries.
What body determines the professional code of ethics for career consultants?
The Association of Career Professionals International is the World’s Voice on Career Issues. All C-F-S career consultants are members.
What are your fees?
There is no fee for an initial consultation. The amount of your investment can best be mutually determined with one of our career consultants. For your investment, we are confident that we provide the best value and depth of consulting experience in Australia.
Can I pay you when I get a new position?
No. We do not work the way recruitment consultants work. Our clients appreciate that our focus is totally on the individual and their needs.
How long will it take to secure a new position?
It depends on your needs and the complexity of your situation. Time frames always depend on individual needs and circumstances. We are equipped to move as quickly as any client requires to become active in the job market, particularly if redundancy has happened or is imminent.
Are you recruitment consultants?
No, we are career managers. Again, we focus only on the individual. We not only help you access the hidden market but also help you to overcome the recruitment consultant barriers during the screening and interviewing process. Remember that up to 84% of jobs are not advertised, particularly in the SME market.
I am working from 9-5PM, so how can we meet?
We will always try to accommodate your time requirements. We are able to offer Skype facilities to clients and can arrange meetings outside usual work hours. Remember, to achieve your best move you should plan to put the time and effort into your search, otherwise your options will be limited.
Do you have any person I can talk to about their experience with C-F-S?
The privacy of our clients is of utmost importance, we will not agree to provide their information to anyone. We offer as many up to date testimonials as possible on our web site and we keep client communications thanking us for our help. Our current and previous clients constitute the network we utilise to assist others with their job search and we are keen to safeguard it.
I am not near one of your offices so how can you help me?
C-F-S works with clients all over the world. We are well equipped to work with you by Skype, telephone, email and fax. All our intellectual property can be transmitted electronically, so as long as you have internet access, we can assist you remotely.
How does C-F-S get paid?
You pay a guaranteed fixed fee which you and C-F-S Career Management will agree before you start. We do not quote individual fees over the phone.
What is your success rate?
Some clients may change jobs or industries, some may reposition themselves in better roles within their current organisations; whilst some may start their own business. C-F-S guarantees to work with all clients until they have secured a successful career outcome.
Why should I choose C-F-S if I need help with my career or my career move?
We are proud of our track record of success and all our career consultants are accredited through The Association of Career Practitioners, an international body. Our career consultants have exemplary track records of delivery in commercial enterprises and government sectors. If you have a need for any form of career guidance it is important to seek the advice of a professional career practitioner. It costs nothing to have an initial consultation with us and there is no obligation to do anything if you cannot see the benefit in what we offer.
Are you career counsellors?
Not in the traditional sense. We are not psychologists and place less emphasis on testing than career counsellors. We are practical in our approach. Our expertise cover career direction, job search strategy development, marketing skills (job hunting skills) development, negotiating, resolving current employment angst and future planning, among others. We do have psychologists in our network if a client requires one.
How do you evaluate my skills and transferable skills, particularly if I am considering a major change in career direction?
Our vast experience clearly shows that two steps are required to analyse your skills. First, we require our clients to complete a rigorous career assessment. Next, we engage in extensive discussion to identify successes. This enables us to determine what you are actually “selling”, your personal development needs and what the best career options are for you.
If I want to return to work in Australia can you help me?
Yes. We work with people returning to Australia and we can prepare you before you actually depart for Australia. In other words you can be active in your job search months before you return. We help expatriates develop the necessary networks to manage their job searches more productively.
What is the difference between a career coach and a life coach?
Our very experienced consultants are capable of offering a wide range of assistance which can commence with determining not only your career aspirations but also your Work Life balance. We work through a process of moving your career to a new level or even making a paradigm change in your life. The great difference is that our CFS Career Consultants will help you build a plan and put it in practice.
C-F-S Career Management works with you as your facilitator. After you have completed your Career Assessment and Planning with your Senior Consultant by Skype/Email or phone, C-F-S Career Management is able to drive your applications on your behalf. The process can then become a marketing exercise (which is what it principally is) where C-F-S Career Management Senior Consultant and Customer Relationships Manager will institute a series of strategically focused marketing communications to the appropriate Australian network of companies at the decision making level. This is done to ensure they and you are suitable to your background, skills and aspirations. C-F-S Career Management guarantees to continue this process until completed but we advise that once a company is interested in interviewing you initially we will endeavor, on your behalf, to ensure it by Skype, but there will mostly likely be a need to have a few face to face meetings at a location in Australia or New Zealand.