Career refers to those ways of earning or making a living. It is the preparation of an individual in specializing in a specific profession that provides means of livelihood. It has to do with the field of life you are concerned with.
Career is broadly classified in two categories. These are trades and professions. Trade can be seen as a particular job, especially one that needs special skill with your hands. While that of profession is a job that needs special education and training. A professional may mean someone who has a lot of experience and does something skillfully.
In making the right choice you must consider the following questions while choosing a career:
- What can you do? You need to know your potentials. From an inner point of view assess your level of intelligence. You need to know your competency, which is your ability to do the job.
- What will you like to do? Your interest must be in an occupation before you can showcase the best in your field, satisfying your conscience and then enjoying the environment.
- Why should I choose this career? You should define your objective definitely regarding your choice of career.
- What is available? Questions of this form can help you know if the job is available in the labor market. It will also help you to know how easy it is for you to get the job after training.
There are reasons for choosing a career, they include the following:
- Interest; Human being naturally perform creditably well in area of interest. Interest should therefore play a vital role in the choice of a career because it is interest we have for a profession that will determine the level of our success on the job.
- Talents in certain field; Many people choose careers because they have undoubted talents in the field. In order to choose a career, one should consider his level of giftedness in the field, which subsequently will harness your proficiency in it.
- Financial rewards; It is true that most men take up jobs because of the money involved. They use it to cater for their needs. To avoid frustration, one learns the pattern of remuneration in a particular job opportunity before embarking on it.
- Status symbol; some persons choose a career because of the prestige attached to it. They are attracted to jobs because of the high rating of the profession.
To be able to make the best out of your career, you must fall in love with the career. This is why choosing a career is a stepping stone to your standard of living in your tomorrow. Human opinion is a risk to your success. Life is worth living when you make the best out of it. Your destiny lies in your hands therefore, be focused at all times and you will get to the top.