Is it time to consciously uncouple with your job?
Is it time for you to quit your job? When it’s commonly advised to have another position lined up before you resign, sometimes for your sanity sake it’s better to call it quits sooner than later. Here are some tell all signs you should pay attention to.
- Each day you wake up dreading the day and you wish it was already Friday night: If you wake up each morning without any motivation for the day, try to identify the cause and address it whenever possible.
- Even your emotional health is being affected by your work: If your job stresses you to the point that you take frequently sick leave it’s time to consider new career choices.
- You don’t “fit in” company culture: If you feel like an outcast within your team even after months in the job, then you’re better off finding a more suitable work environment more aligned with your values and where you can be yourself.
- Your learning curve has plateaued: If you are bored because you’ve stopped learning anything new, maybe it’s time to find a new and challenging role.
- You hate every aspect of your work: Sometimes you need to take on a job that is not your dream job but will help get you there and you need to man up and deal with the unpleasant tasks for the benefit of your career. Other times it’s just the wrong job and a dead end for your career. It’s up to you to evaluate the situation you are in.
- Every other career you could fancy sounds like it would be better than yours: Tense times? Running around like a headless chook? Stressful times at work may make you daydream about other career alternatives. Put more emphasis on your work-life balance whenever possible to help you alleviate the stress.
- You knew it was time to quit before you even started reading this post: Now that you’re sure about your choice it’s time for you to take action and start job hunting.