Engineering Colleges Admission process in Rajasthan
Engineering Colleges Admission process in Rajasthan
Rajasthan state is whole-handedly responsible for conducting some centralized admission process for Btech admissions in Rajasthan. Rajasthan Technical University is the main authority to supervise the online admission process. They conduct online counselling to provide the best colleges for the students as per their subject to merit. Here, students can check all the details on the engineering colleges admission process in Rajasthan, including the seat allotment, entrance tests, selection process, and more.
The process for B Tech admissions in Rajasthan is known as Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process, REAP. REAP 2021 will begin from July 2021, and students are required to remember that there is no entrance exam for admissions via REAP. The admission authority conducts three rounds for REAP following the special admission drive.
Here are the procedures and general instructions for REAP 2021:
The candidates are advised to establish their eligibility before applying for B Tech courses via REAP 2021. They are responsible for any damage or consequences that occur while filling out wrong or erroneous data.
Entrance Exams Accepted by Rajasthan Engineering Colleges
Though the Rajasthan engineering admission process, REAP doesn’t organize any entrance exam for candidates; there are entrance exams that it accepts for admissions. It includes the JEE main paper one score, and any student with a valid score can apply for REAP.
Also, students can avail of admission without JEE main or JEE advance score via their class 12th merit. Meanwhile, the first preference is given to the candidates with a valid JEE score during the admission process. Hence, aspirants should appear in the JEE main paper to secure admission in colleges of your preference. Private engineering colleges in Rajasthan reserve some seats for management quota, and interested candidates can secure admission as per their 12th merit.
The engineering courses admission eligibility criteria for Btech admissions in rajasthan by REAP 2021 are listed below:
- Educational Qualification –
- To secure admission in Btech, the applicants must have passed class 12th with an aggregate of 45% marks and 40% for reserved categories.
- The applicants must have their education completed in science with subjects including Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, technical vocational/computer science.
- The students in class 12 will be eligible for B Tech admission in Rajasthan via REAP 2021.
- Age Limit
- BTech admissions in Rajasthan incorporate an upper age limit.
- Aspirants born on or after 1st October 1995 are eligible for the admission process of REAP 2021.
- Also, there is a relaxation in the upper age limit of upto five years for reserved categories.
- Age will only be considered per the birth date in the class 10th marksheet or certificate for REAP 2021.
- Domicile Rules
- A bonafide resident of Rajasthan is eligible for admission in BTech through REAP 2021. These candidates will also be eligible for the communal reservation, Sear under tuition fee waiver or concession seats scheme. (OR)
- Students who have studied class 10th, 11th, and 12th in Rajasthan are eligible for B Tech admissions in Rajasthan. They are also eligible for concession seats, communal reservations, or seats under the Tuition fee waiver scheme. (OR)
- Children of employees working under the Rajasthan government can secure admission in REAP 2021. (OR)
- Children of employees of government universities or Board of Secondary education can secure admission in REAP 2021. (OR)
- Employees working in engineering colleges across Rajasthan consecutively for three years can get admission in REAP 2021. (OR)
- Students from other states can also apply in REAP 2021. However, the reservation policies of the state government do not apply to them.
Admission and Selection Process
The Btech and BE admission process in Rajasthan is entirely online, and there is no physical or manual process involved. The admission is based on merit and stages involved in the admission process are –
- REAP Merit List 1 for B Tech Courses – After submitting the application process for REAP 2021, the admission authorities will release the first merit list. The list is prepared as per the JEE main score of candidates. The list comprises the name of candidates, roll number of JEE Main, JEE main score, and merit rank/number.
- REAP Merit List 2 for BTech Courses – students who applied for REAP 2021 with class 12th marks without JEE main score will get their names in list 2 for Btech courses. The list will comprise the name of students, class 12th marks/percentage, and merit number.
- REAP combined Merit List – apart from lists 1 and 2, the admission authority will release the third list for candidates per their JEE main score, class 12th percentile, and caste/category. The list will enable students to get an idea of their merit position.
The REAP 2021 is entirely based on the combined merit list. Therefore, all the candidates who feature in the combined merit list will have the chance to secure admission to private or government engineering colleges in Rajasthan.
Choice filled by the students in the entry form is an essential aspect of the online admission procedure. The online software selects the candidate based on merit.
REAP 2021 Counseling Process
The counseling process for REAP 2021 is conducted online and the stages involved are shown below –
- Payment of application/registration form fee
Before submitting the registration form, candidates must pay INR 700 to take part in REAP 2021 in online mode or via the e-Mitra kiosk.
If candidates are willing to pay the online fee mode, they can use a debit/credit card or internet banking. Candidates willing to pay the fee through the e-Mitra kiosk must pay INR 750 as the application fee and 50 as the service charge. Students applying via e-Mitra must carry all the documents to be uploaded in the application form. Basic details like name, JEE main roll number or Class 12th hall ticket number, email id, and mobile number are essential for application fee payment.
- Online application form submission for REAP 2021
Candidates applying via the e-Mitra kiosk need not worry as the central authorities will fill the applications for the candidates and upload the documents. Candidates who apply online must note that the application form will be activated after the fee payment. The form can be submitted following the methods as stated below –
- The candidates must visit the web portal of REAP to fill the form.
- Click on the application link on the website.
- As the fees are already paid, enter your candidate or application ID generated after the payment, mobile number, and verification code to view the application cum registration form.
- Instructions will be displayed on the screen, and candidates should read all the instructions before filling out the form.
- The filling of the application form begins with uploading the documents.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature, JEE main rank card, class 12th marksheet, and category certificate if applicable.
- The online form will be displayed after uploading the documents.
- Candidates must fill in the details properly.
- Submit the details after verifying, as editing after submission is not possible.
- Online choice entry –Online choice entry form will be displayed after submitting all the details in the form. The list of engineering colleges will be displayed, and students can choose a maximum number of choices to improve admission chances. They will also receive the confirmation message or email after the submission of the entry form.
REAP 2021 Seat Allotment procedure
REAP will release the merit list for BTech courses, and seats are allotted based on merit. The seat allotment results will be published on the web portal of REAP 2021, and candidates are responsible for checking the results on the scheduled date.
The stages for seat allotment are –
- Checking seat allotment status – visit the REAP website to check the results of seat allotment. Login details are required.
- Upgrading or accepting seat allotment – candidates who are satisfied with their seats can proceed for admission by accepting the seats. Candidates who desire to upgrade their seats can select the upgrade option. Seats for upgradation will be made in the third round of REAP.
- Reporting to college – candidates who have accepted the seats must download the seat allotment letter and report to colleges on scheduled dates. Deposit the Btech course fee for the first year and certificates with two sets of xerox copies at the college. The admission will be confirmed only after the payment of fees and submission of documents.