How Do I Start A Career In Luxury Brand Management?
Do you want to pursue luxury brand management? With the right skills and qualifications, you can make a lucrative career in this field.
Luxury brand management has become immensely popular in the last few decades. The reason? The skyrocketing popularity of social media and influencer marketing. Now, businesses need a robust team of brand managers, PR managers, and product managers. They need to promote luxury goods through several offline and online channels. Thus, it is no surprise that luxury brand management has emerged as a driving force in the fashion and retail industry.
If you want to explore this field, here is how you can get started.
Degree courses for luxury brand management
Numerous universities in India and the world offer courses in luxury brand management. A luxury brand management course in India is a two-year degree course. It is similar to an MBA degree course but with a sharper focus on the luxury goods industry.
Here is what the typical course curriculum looks like:
- Luxury retail operations: Marketing, brand management, PR, and advertising
- Research on various segments of luxury goods and services. These include haute couture, automobiles, wine and champagne, jewellery, watches, hospitality, and fashion
- Masterclasses by global luxury industry leaders
- Mentorship by national and international faculties and alumni
- Live industry projects that give you a thorough understanding of the developed and emerging markets
Job prospects after a luxury brand management course
Once you complete your course, you can pursue the following jobs:
- Luxury brand manager: As a luxury brand manager, you will be responsible for devising marketing and brand strategies for attracting the appropriate clientele. Additionally, you will also work on creating a suitable brand image that is identifiable and resonates with the targeted audience. Here are the skills you will need to apply:
- Conduct market research
- Manage and organize promotional campaigns
- Propose and analyze marketing budgets
- Collaborate with other brand designers and creators
- Supervise production
- Fashion retail buyer: A fashion retail buyer is in charge of the following:
- Decide what type of merchandise a luxury fashion brand should sell
- Analyze customer demand and product availability
- Analyze buying patterns, predict future sales trends, manage and plan stocks
- Analyze sales and discount performance
- Foster healthy business relationships with suppliers
- PR specialist: A PR specialist for a luxury brand needs to maintain relationships with the media to ensure that the brand image is projected appropriately. Your responsibilities would also include networking with magazine editors, bloggers, influencers, and writers.
- Product marketing manager: Product planning and execution is a key aspects of luxury brand management. A product marketing manager’s role is to supervise the entire development and production process. You will also have to work with brand managers and retail buyers to conduct marketing research.
Are you passionate about the fashion industry, luxury goods, and marketing? Then, luxury brand management is a rewarding career path. It empowers you to earn a handsome living while doing what you love. Not only will a degree in luxury brand management open several doors for you, but you will also learn countless lessons along the way.
Excited to pursue a master’s in luxury brand management? Go ahead and start researching for courses today!